Chapter 2 - Installing The Dial Feet

Lars

Great! I normally use fine Bergeon steel tweezers for this. Which method did you the find easier, Rick? For me, one problem with the Rodico approach is that you get two joints - one where the screw attaches to the Rodico, and one where the Rodico attaches to the pin. With my method, the screw is firmly held by the tweezers and you can rest both your wrists on the desk surface to keep your hands steady. By the way, I've been living in Belgium for 20+ years, but every X-mas and summer I go to my native south Sweden.

Last edited:

Rick Bell

Administrator
Staff member
Great! I normally use fine Bergeon steel tweezers for this. Which method did you the find easier, Rick? For me, one problem with the Rodico approach is that you get two joints - one where the screw attaches to the Rodico, and one where the Rodico attaches to the pin. With my method, the screw is firmly held by the tweezers and you can rest both your wrists on the desk surface to keep your hands steady. By the way, I've been living in Belgium for 20+ years, but every X-mas and summer I go to my native south Sweden.
I've been doing the Rodico method for a long time, so that was what I was most used to doing. I do like the tweezer method, does put you at risk for the screw to go flying, but once you get the hang of it I think it is faster.