Dial Feet Screws and Rodico

tmack

I have difficulty in getting the dial feet screws to stick well to the Rodico. Any hints? Should the Rodico be well kneaded, not kneaded much, heated up, cooled down, magic spells cast upon it? Just wondering if anybody had any extra hints.

Rick Bell

Administrator
Staff member
I have difficulty in getting the dial feet screws to stick well to the Rodico. Any hints? Should the Rodico be well kneaded, not kneaded much, heated up, cooled down, magic spells cast upon it? Just wondering if anybody had any extra hints.
I just roll mine into a tight small ball, then insert the head of the screw into the rodico. I sometimes even fold the rodico over the head so that just the threading is exposed. (Use my tweezers to do this) Then lightly screw in the screw. You only need to get it in a turn or so, then you can use your screw driver.

Lars

I put the movement vertically in the movement holder, and grab the screw with the brass tweezers with my left hand and the screwdriver in the other. Once the threads grab, I put the tweezers away and turn the screw about one 360. It's really a matter of taste, but I found the Rodico method difficult. One Rodico advantage though, the screw does not go ballistic that easily.

Rick Bell

Administrator
Staff member
I put the movement vertically in the movement holder, and grab the screw with the brass tweezers with my left hand and the screwdriver in the other. Once the threads grab, I put the tweezers away and turn the screw about one 360. It's really a matter of taste, but I found the Rodico method difficult. One Rodico advantage though, the screw does not go ballistic that easily.
Keep an eye out for the Deco Instructional Series, pay attention to the "Installing Dial Feet Screws" section!