Finished Building 1st Watch

tmack

It took some time, but I finally finished building my first watch. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience (other than that one screw flying across the room!). All dust is on the outside of the watch!

I really like the blue dial, and decided to go with the illuminated hands and red second hand to add a kind of sporty vibe to the watch. I have recieved quite a few compliments on it, even though I just finished it Saturday morning. Accuracy seems quite good, although I have not actually tested it other than against one of my Citizen quartz watches. I figure I will give the watch a few weeks to get things "broken in" before trying to test it against the app shown in Tutorial Chapter 20: Improving Accuracy
Looking forward to the Series Deco watch build!

Taylor

Taylor IMG_20180310_122912179_small.jpg

Humblebeing

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations! Way to go!

"All dust is on the outside of the watch!", That is Huge! Dust is such a problem for most of us assembling a watch in a den or office or tool room not designed to be dust free and sterile. A lot of time goes into making sure there is no dust in or around any part as one little piece of dust inside the case and you're taking it apart again.

The blue dial is very nice; it's by far the most popular dial of the three provided by Build Your Own Watch. White being the second most.

The Super Lume hands do provide a sport look on the Series One. Great to hear you are receiving compliments on your watch. It's nice replying to those compliments with the fact that you "built this watch". A conversation starter for sure.

It looks like you handled all of the parts with great care. Very well done! Great work.

Thank You for sharing your success. We REALLY Love seeing the Series One Built. You have created something that will last a very long time.

Thank you.

Mark.

Rick Bell

Administrator
Staff member
It took some time, but I finally finished building my first watch. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience (other than that one screw flying across the room!). All dust is on the outside of the watch!

I really like the blue dial, and decided to go with the illuminated hands and red second hand to add a kind of sporty vibe to the watch. I have recieved quite a few compliments on it, even though I just finished it Saturday morning. Accuracy seems quite good, although I have not actually tested it other than against one of my Citizen quartz watches. I figure I will give the watch a few weeks to get things "broken in" before trying to test it against the app shown in Tutorial Chapter 20: Improving Accuracy
Looking forward to the Series Deco watch build!

Taylor

Taylor View attachment 4
Great work sir! It looks great! Dust is my personal enemy!

Very Cool, mgalusha! How did it go?
Very well overall, I had a question about the movement ring lacking cut outs that were shown in the videos, but Rick let me know via email of the design change and it was full speed ahead. I figured it was best to err on the side of caution.

Humblebeing

Admin
Staff member
Definitely best to error on the side of caution when assembling your own watch!!! We are always available, no worries there. So cool!