Finished the deco watch today

zychyry

I just want to say thank you very much for the great watch and the even better experience of building it. I thoroughly enjoyed this project and I hope that you do more. I am attaching a picture so you can see the finished product. I love it. Thanks again!

Attachments

Humblebeing

Admin
Staff member
Looks Great! Thank you for sending the pic. We love it! We're very happy you enjoyed your experience building the Series DECO. We are working on new models and have some other items we are working on. Have you already built the Series ONE with the Miyota 8215 movement?

zychyry

Thank you both for your replies. I have not built the Series ONE yet. This was my first watch build. I had so much fun with this build I may try the Series ONE next. The top 3 things that I struggled with on the DECO were:

1. The dial feet screws. I must have spent an hour looking around on the ground for one of those screws that I accidentally dropped. It was very tricky. The rodico technique worked the best for me.
  2. Cutting the crown stem. I cut it three times before I got the length right.
  3. Setting the hands. I had to do this twice. The first time I did it I noticed that the hands were touching one another after about an hour of run time so I had to do it all over again. Your suggestion to let the watch run overnight before continuing the build was invaluable.
All in all I had a great time and I've gotten some nice feedback from friends and family about the look of the watch. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next. Thanks again.